Monday, October 15, 2012

Zucchini


After having moved into a new house and having a baby this spring, I somehow also managed to plant a garden. My peas didn't come up, and I got one green bell pepper, but my lettuce, zucchini, carrots, onions, and green beans were more than plentiful. While I am currently trying to use all of those wonderful veggies, my focus is on my zucchini because it takes up the most space and will be the first to spoil.

After I had given away some of my zucchini , I still had a ton of it. Using up several large zucchini with a family of three and one who is barely old enough to eat solid food is going to be a challange! However, it's a challenge that I am up for!

(The picture to the left is of maybe 1/3 of my zucchini, my under-ripe pumpkin, tomatos, squash, and cucumbers. I had to pick it all at the end of September because we got an early frost. :( The fridge is also packed full of rest.)

 The first thing that I did was borrowed my mother's zucchini cookbook. However, aside from her amazing zucchini bread recipe, most of them were nothing special. I also had trouble finding anything worth eating online. So, I decided that I am just going to have to be creative and make some stuff up. I will definitely be posting my recipes as I go. I'm thinking that dinner for tomorrow night will consist of my soon to be sister-in-law's grandma's zucchini brownies, zucchini/potato au gratin, and zucchini meatloaf.
I also made zucchini fritters the other day which I will post pics of next time I make them. I ate the last ones for lunch today. (oops).

No comments:

Post a Comment